Add a new Post
Posts used for adding content that is categorised, such as news.
Posts use Categories.
The standard Wordpress 'Admin Editor' now uses 'Blocks' to for adding and organising various types of content (text, photos, lists etc).
You should create Posts (not Pages) for gig, lyrics and video info and then categorise the post as such. Then we can do things like layout programmatically instead of manually. It’s also better for SEO and is how Wordpress is meant to work.
Add a new Page
Wordpress Pages are another type of ‘Post’ but in our case they are ‘containers’ for showing your content in a multitude of ways. To do so we use Beaver Builder modules that you can drag and drop into the page which provide you with a plethora of features not possible with standard Wordpress ‘Blocks’.
Pages are editable from the website front end only.
- Login at yourdomain.com.au/login (Bookmark it!)
- Go to Pages > Add New or if you are looking at your website ‘front end’ go to the Admin menu and choose New > Page.
- Type in the Title and choose Beaver Builder (The Standard Editor uses the built in Wordpress Content Blocks which we won’t use as they have limited features).
- A link to the new page will need to be added to the menu (navigation). You can do so in the backend via Appearance > Menus
- Login at yourdomainname.com.au/login (Bookmark it for quick access later)
- Click on the 'Home' icon in the top left corner of the admin menu which takes you to the 'front end' of your website
- Navigate to the Page you want to edit.
- To begin editing, click 'Beaver Builder' in the Admin Menu at the top of the page. Give the page a few seconds to reload.
- Then, when you rollover the contents of the page, you will see outlines and boxes show with Editing buttons. These are called modules ('modules' are inside 'rows' which have grey outlines). Modules types range from basic text boxes to post listings, depending on your website needs.
- Click the Spanner Icon for the module you want to edit.
- Click Done and then Publish in the top right corner of the page to publish your changes
- Click on any link on your website to navigate away from the edit mode
- Have a cuppa and double check your changes 🙂